Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Truth About Forever

Title: The Truth About Forever
Author: Sarah Dessen
Publisher: Speak
Date published: 2004
Type of book: Young Adult 
Pages: 374


Macy's summer stretches before her, carefully planned and outlined. She will spend her days sitting at the library information desk. She will spend her evenings studying for the SATs. Spare time will be used to help her obsessive mother prepare for the big opening of the townhouse section of her luxury development. But Macy's plans don't anticipate a surprising and chaotic job with Wish Catering, a motley crew of new friends, or ... Wes. Tattooed, artistic, anything-but-expected Wes. He doesn't fit Macy's life at all--so why does she feel so comfortable with him? So ... happy? What is it about him that makes her let down her guard and finally talk about how much she misses her father, who died before her eyes the year before? Sarah Dessen delivers a page-turning novel that carries readers on a roller coaster of denial, grief, comfort, and love as we watch a broken but resilient girl pick up the pieces of her life and fit them back together.

Review: I love the book….I love all the characters in the book ..Wes is probably my favorite. All of Dessen’s lead guy characters are AMAZING…
Dessen does a great job at bringing Macy's new friends to life: accident-prone, pregnant caterer Delia bickering brothers Wes and Bert, lively Kristy and her sister Monica "Monotone".
When I finished this book I felt: I love this book… and every time I read it I love it more. And I love the idea of a relationship like Macy and Wes’s…

I had high expectations what I read this book and I wasn’t disappointed.Sarah Dessen pulled off a worn plot with grace and an unexpected twist. The characters were easy to relate to. There were definitely moments of awe and other moments I was cheering Macy on. The meaning is great and it had me thinking about what forever really is. I’d definitely recommend The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen to anyone who enjoys books with three dimensional characters, a touch of romance, and a great plot.

5 comments:

vvb32 reads said...

i really do have to try a dessen novel. most of them get such good reviews.

Renae said...

This book sounds amazing. I'm adding it to my list. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Nice job on this and I like your blog.
Mike

Danmark said...

The Truth about Forever by Sarah Dessen is a phoenominal book. There's just no other way to describe it. The things Sarah makes her characters say to one another is not only heartfelt in this story, but her other ones as well. Compared to her other stories, this one deals with more heavier issues than before. Macy Queen is just a regular sixteen year old girl, who's just trying to find herself in this everchanging world.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment

Template by:

Free Blog Templates